Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Expanding my Library

Every now and then I look at my personal Library and feel a pang of guilt about all the books that I own and haven't had the opportunity to read. Part of the reason I haven't read them is I waste my time checking facebook every five minutes to see if anybody commented on my posts or to creep on somebody I haven't talked to in a long time. But after the guilt and remorse subside I leaf through magazines or book reviews and drool over a dozen or more books. Below you will find a list of books along with their prices. If any of you ever want to buy me a gift to say how much I love you, you can get me one of these books!

You can find the following books on Christianbook.com

Calvin's Commentairs, 22 Volumes with Institutes of the Christian Religion ~ $99.99. Normally $1200.00!

Disciplines of a Godly Man by R. Kent Hughes ~ $9.99

Forgotten God by Francis Chan ~ $9.99

Doctrine: What Christians should believe by Mark Driscoll & Gerry Breshears ~ 13.79

Classical Teachings on the Nature of God, 3 Volumes in 1 by R.C. Sproul ~ 16.99

Systematic Theoloyg, 4 Volumes by Lewis Sperry Chafer ~ 59.99

The Works of Jonathan Edwards, 2 Volumes ~ 54.99

The Creeds of Christendom, 3 volumes by Philip Schaff ~ 19.99

Foxe's Christian Martyrs, Abridged Edition ~ 3.49

The Early church Fathers, 38 Volumes edited by Philip Schaff & Alexander Roberts ~ only $499.99!

Early Church History Library 3 Volumes: Eusebius; Ecclesiastical History, The Works of Josephus, The Works of Philo ~ 39.99

You can find the following books through libertyfundcatalog.com

The Anti-Federalist Writings of the Melancton Smith Circle edited by Michael Zuckert and Derek A. Webb ~ $14.50

Liberty and Order: The First American Party Struggle edited by Lance Banning ~ $14.50

In Defense of the Constitution by George W. Carey ~ $12.00

Political Sermons of the American Founding Era, 1730 - 1805 2 volumes edited by Ellis Sandoz ~ $27.00

The American Nation: Primary Sources edited by Bruce Frohnen ~ $14.50

2 comments:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

Sarah Wilson said...

Hi, there! Found your blog today and noticed you wanted some books by Lewis Sperry Chafer. Thought you might be interested in a brand new pre-publication offer from Logos Bible Software featuring nine of Chafer’s best loved books. Thanks and let me know if I can help in any way!

Sarah Wilson