Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The joy of the Library!

On Saturday the Wife and I went out on a little adventure. Our first stop was at the local Maplewood Menards. We had to trade a broken lamp in for a replacement. I know it sounds like a blast, DON'T KNOCK MY LIFE! Anyways after that business was concluded we made our way to the Maplewood Library (see picture below)








I know that most people already know the magnificent pleasures that a library can bring a patron, but let me tell you something. It was amazing! It sounds so ridiculous but I loved being in this place. Surrounded by books that I was allowed to take for free! I don't know why I haven't taken advantage of this earlier. Libraries rule!!! At this time I would like to make a plea for anybody who is reading this blog to check out your local libary. If they don't have the specific book you want to read, request it through an interlibrary loan. Below are three books that I checked out that I have wanted to read but didn't want to buy... now I don't have too!!!!!


With so much information available it is a intellectual crime for our generation to not be better read. Please sign off of facebook, get in your car, and go to the Library. You'll be surprised at what you find there! Being at the Library inspired me to read as much as I can about as much as I can. I have decided that before the end of this year, I want to read everybook in my house. For my next post, I will be composing a list of the books that Hannah and I own and which ones I haven't read. As I read and finish each one, I hope to give it a little plug on this blog for the few readers that I have. If you are interested in borrowing any of the books that I mention, feel free to contact me and I'll send it to you!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Maddie, Isaac, and I LOVE our library!

And someday, when you have children, you will learn to love story hour, too. :)

Jamie Boehmer said...

So glad to hear that!!!

thekoreanpanda said...

Glad you liked it :)